In a family of accomplished academic scientists, this student said that Joel has opened her mind in a way that no other teacher has, and has helped shape her life by his discussion-based teaching methods and the way he encourages his students to internalize the literature they study. In a career that often makes for little recognition and appreciation, this was an unexpected surprise. In a quaint ceremony this morning, I had the privilege of standing next to my husband as he was lauded for his achievements as a great teacher!
Congratulations, Joel! I love you!
19 comments:
that's so great! congrats!
Mr. K rocks! You're awesome, Joel.
I would love to have Mr. K as a teacher too! Way to go dude!
That's awesome, way to go joel!!!
I have always known that you are an awesome teacher. You are a great example both in and our of the classroom. Way to Go!
It's so rare for kids that age to recognize and acknowledge what their teachers have done for them. Congrats, Joel! And congrats to that girl for figuring things out so early.
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Yea! Joel! You ROCK! Just wish there were a million more great teachers like you. Congrats to the both of you.
Hey thanks, guys! It was a really great surprise and a big honor. Just when you think you're talking to a wall . . . turns out someone is listening.
Way to go, Joel. That is an excellent honor. Nothing like being recognized by the ones you are trying to serve!
Also, you are a snappy dresser!
Way to go, Joel! This is a well-deserved honor.
I'm just wondering what, exactly, "internalizing" the literature might mean. Is this some sort of a new diet you've got your students on?
Congratulations Joel! I wish I could take your class. Literature and discussion are my favorite things. (Next to food.)
Amelia, describing the ceremony as 'quaint' has my curiosity piqued. Being from southeastern Idaho and having now lived in Utah, central PA and western North Carolina, 'quaint' is usually the nice word used when trying to say something else. Are you leaving out some details? Come on, you can tell me!!
Way to Go, Joel!
Thanks for your response guys! Kendra, the "quaintness" was that it took place in a beautiful old building at the high school downtown (really gorgeous and built sometime between WWI and WWII), but it took place in the lobby of the auditorium ... Very small, but very gracious. :) I was happy to be there. :)
Awesome! Good job Joel!
Post a Comment