I know I haven't been blogging as much as I would like. It's hard for me to do on a regular basis, and I feel guilty when I don't. I've decided though, that this is something I shouldn't have to apologize for, and therefore, should not feel guilty. It's like a gift I give to myself - permission to not feel guilty. So, I won't be going back to follow up on things I mentioned in previous posts. I am going to start fresh and share with you something big.
Really big.
Are you ready?
No, I'm not pregnant.
Do you still want to know?
Sea Island won four Five-Star awards this year from Mobil Travel-Guide. "Great," you might say ... but why is that big news? It ... is ... historical. No other resort has been awarded 20 stars. We made history in the company and in the industry. That's why. I feel particularly elated because this has been my main focus for the last 16 months - training employees to meet the standards that would determine our Five-Star rating. We have a great staff who have really embraced the dream and the vision, and gave it nothing but their best. I didn't interact with a single guest in 2008, but they did, and they did it. It's a great feeling. Thanks for letting me share.
04 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
That is so great... Congradulations!
WAY TO GO!!! That is really great news for all of us local folks too.
Wow, that's awesome. Way to go!
Congratulations!!!
Wow, that is great news! Congratulations on all of your hard work! What an accomplishment.
I'm so proud of you guys. And a little proud of me, too. Even tho I'm not technically one of the pack since Elena was born, I still "hurrayed" when the news came out like I still was one of the Sea Islanders. Great job.
Celeste, you should totally feel proud. Anyone who has worked at Sea Island over the last 16 months has had a hand in making us better (and you especially!). I wish every day you were still here!! :)
Nice work, Superstar! I guess this means they won't be lowering their prices at the spa for me....
Awesome! I totally get wanting to talk about work accomplishments on the blog. My problem is that most of the great things that happen at my job are too long-winded or boring to talk about. Oh well.
I'm not in the least bit surprised. Everything you touch turns into gold! You are so inspirational and incredibly motivated. You deserve this amazing reward.
Go Amelia!
Thank you for the thank you note, it was really sweet. You lifted my spirits today.
Very proud of all your accomplishments. They are lucky to have you on staff!
Oh Wow! Way to go Amelia. That's incredible. There's no way they could have done that without you :)
PS-Just read Peace Like River--LOVED it! Thanks for the recommendation.
Amelia, I am stoked for you! Great job! I don't doubt that you're the force behind the 20 stars. You are awesome!! See you next week! BAAAHH!!! (That was an excited scream).
Happy Valentine's Day my little friend.
Yeah! I just discovered your blog and I'm so glad I did. Congratulations to you and Sea Island... just a few months late. :-)
Post a Comment