It all began at Burger King a few weeks ago. We threw caution to the wind, asked for crowns, and the guy working got REALLY excited that we asked. Maybe we were really excited too ... I don't know.
Then we went to McDonald's a couple weeks ago for a quick dinner. It was "kind of cold" here that week (30-40s at night, 50-60s during the day), so I thought I'd get some hot chocolate with my quarter pounder. My hot chocolate comes and even though I'm really excited, I remember the coffee scandal with McDonald's years ago, so I don't rush - I wait until we get home to taste it ... then it's cooled off enough to not scald my tongue. I taste a little bit, and realize there's something different about this hot chocolate. What is it??
[The italics that follow are the inner workings of my mind]
It has kind of a funny smell, come to think of it ...
And there's a really bitter aftertaste ...
In fact, it doesn't taste much like hot chocolate at all ...
(Inspect the beverage again)
It's got to be hot chocolate ... what else could it BE?
"Oh my gosh, Joel - THIS IS COFFEE!!"
Turns out, it's gross and leaves a terrible aftertaste. I won't be trying it again voluntarily any time soon.
The last chapter comes with some sad news. The Dairy Queen in Brunswick has closed. I know, it's a tragedy, really. If anyone wants to buy it, we can guarantee that you'll definitely have some really steady customers in us. We come by at least once or twice a month. So imagine how sad it was for us to get the news. Saturday night we were on the island for dinner and remembered there's a Dairy Queen on the island! We race over, hoping that "island time" includes being open after 10:00 pm on a weekend. IT WAS! We pulled up to the drive thru, and I allowed my excitement to bubble over:
"WE'RE SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE OPEN!!" I gush.
"I'm sorry ... what??"
"WE'RE SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE OPEN!!!!" I still have a giddy grin on my face, and I said it a little slower just so I could make sure I was e-nun-cia-ting.
"Okay ... do you know what you'd like to order?"
"Um ... I don't ... Just a sec ... Um ..."
She totally laughed when we pulled up to the window to pay. She did not understand why we were so excited. But, at least I know that we made her shift a little more interesting.
That's what it's all about, folks. That's what it's all about.
The last chapter comes with some sad news. The Dairy Queen in Brunswick has closed. I know, it's a tragedy, really. If anyone wants to buy it, we can guarantee that you'll definitely have some really steady customers in us. We come by at least once or twice a month. So imagine how sad it was for us to get the news. Saturday night we were on the island for dinner and remembered there's a Dairy Queen on the island! We race over, hoping that "island time" includes being open after 10:00 pm on a weekend. IT WAS! We pulled up to the drive thru, and I allowed my excitement to bubble over:
"WE'RE SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE OPEN!!" I gush.
"I'm sorry ... what??"
"WE'RE SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE OPEN!!!!" I still have a giddy grin on my face, and I said it a little slower just so I could make sure I was e-nun-cia-ting.
"Okay ... do you know what you'd like to order?"
"Um ... I don't ... Just a sec ... Um ..."
She totally laughed when we pulled up to the window to pay. She did not understand why we were so excited. But, at least I know that we made her shift a little more interesting.
That's what it's all about, folks. That's what it's all about.
7 comments:
Cute crowns and fun good times! I love to do silly things especially with the Grand Girls, they love it when I play along too.
You gave a wonderful lesson yesterday! I loved it.
So glad I'm not the only one who gets excited about little things!
Nice crowns. I wish you could've made a video of you two asking for crowns and getting excited when you put them on.
THEDAIRYQUEENINBRUNSWICKISCLOSED??? I'm so sad. :( love the crowns by the way :)
So random story I thought you might enjoy...I was returning a DVD to Redbox at McDonalds and happened to be wearing the super cute green beaded earrings you got me for Christmas (it was St. Patrick's Day). I turn around to leave when a big black guy in a jersey who was probably in his twenties caught my eye and said, "I like your earrings" I was totally caught off guard and just smiled and said "Thanks" as I left....and then immediately started laughing. I guess it is clear to everyone what great taste you have in jewelry - thanks again!
You are so dang photogenic. You even look cute in a drive-thru hat. How is that fair? *pout*
Dairy Queen in Brunswick is not closed.
Post a Comment