01 January 2009
Dude, where's my hover craft?
It's 2009! I know because I watched the ball drop in Times Square (now 20% more energy efficient). But I was sure when we reached this point of the future, we'd all be driving hover crafts, wearing reflective jumpsuits and have purple hair. But so far, 2009 is remarkably like 2008 ... uncanny. What sorts of things did you expect by now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I expected popular music to be of much higher quality than it is now ... seems like we're in the same musical rut ... just louder, and less actual instruments, more electronic equipment - you know, the kind that make people sound on key? grrr..
I'm just looking forward to 2023 because, a few months ago, one of my students wrote, "I think we'll achieve world peace in the next 15 years."
Cars that run on banana peels. Go Doc.
Post a Comment