14 September 2008

Shark-tastic Labor Day

This Labor Day we were invited to go out on the boat with our friends Jonathan & Celeste (& Elena) and Jonathan's brother. They had a pontoon and a speed boat. The pontoon was for lounging, fishing, chatting, sunbathing, etc. It's where we spent most of our time. The speedboat was for tubing or kneeboarding. I still don't really know what kneeboarding is, but we did go tubing (2nd time ever). It was SO fun!

Once we got back on the pontoon, Celeste wanted to fish while Jonathan went out kneeboarding. Just for something to do - she's not an avid fisherperson or anything, she's just very industrious. "Watch," she said as Jonathan was getting into the speed boat, "Now that you're gone, I'll catch a shark." We all laughed, and off he went. And then she caught a shark:

Joel and I "extracted" the unfortunate creature, and off he went. With a hook in his mouth. Sorry! But it was a Labor Day to remember! Thanks guys!

(PS - who else is astonished that Celeste had a baby just over 8 months ago?)

3 comments:

gigi said...

Yes, Celeste looks wonderful for a new mom! A talented mom at that! Looks like yall had a wonderful day on the water. Those are some of the best people to spend time with, gotta love those Pittman's.

Celeste said...

Wow. Your camera has the astonishing ability to shave off fifteen pounds. Where can I get one?????!

P.S. Thanks again for getting the shark loose ... I really need to up my fishing skills to include de-hooking since I'm a catch and release kinda gal.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that your blog is playing "Sweet Talk." Seriously...that song will play at my funeral so ALL can dance like there's no tomorrow. LOVE it...love you girl. You are so my music match.

Anyhoo...catching a shark? EEK! Good thing it was teeny. So now you've touched an alligator and a shark. Go girl!