11 November 2007

Five-Star Fabulous

So, this last week has been dedicated to the most intensive training I've been involved with so far in my new job. I'm part of the training and development team in my company, and we've recently hired the Mobil Travel Guide's consulting arm to help us improve our star rating. (If you've ever heard a hotel touting 3, 4, or 5 stars, this is the company that doles them out.)

We've been doing a training classes for all of our effected departments. We're conducting 26 classes in 10 business days, with 9 different curriculums and reaching more than 620 employees.

I've been working 10 and 11 hour days for the last 2 weeks, and am getting very tired now. My schedule this week has been like this: Work, come home, zone out on the couch for 1 hour, fall asleep on the couch before 9:30, wake up, and do it all again.

As grueling as it's been, it's also been very exciting and fun. It's a great project to be working on, and I feel like it'll be a good thing when it's over. And thankfully, it should be all over on Wednesday. So, this is why the lack-luster post this week. Hopefully this time next week, I'll be back to my picture-posting self. Sneak peak: our new house, and the new sofa that was just delivered this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Mormon, huh? You folks are popping up everywhere. Give my regards to Joe.

Celeste said...

And P.S. You are doing a FABULOUS job training and keeping your energy up despite the taxing nature of it all. Not to mention the rave reviews from the class participants. I'm so glad I told you about this job!!! Definitely one of my better ideas :)

Zimm said...

Nothin' better than a new couch!

Jenny said...

Hey Amelia-Remember us? Chris and Jenny Staggs from University Ward in Lawrence! We saw your blog on Lori G's. It's so good to hear what you guys are up to! Keep in touch. We ran into your little bro at Adam-ondi-ahman. Small world!

Jenny-accountingformylife.blogspot.com
Chris-
tophersplace.blogspot.com

Amelia said...

Jenny! It's good to see you again. Glad to see you're doing well! Take care!