Yup! It's Jeff! For those of you that don't know Jeff, he lived in Lawrence and grew up with Joel. We were friends until he moved to SLC his junior year, but we've still kept in touch. He's in a band called Creech Holler, and also enjoys a healthy solo career. They played at a bar called The Jinx, and were really good. It was a great time - they're a very charismatic group. Here are some pics so you know what I mean:


Jeff looked like he had taken a bath in his clothes when he was done. He was nice enough to give us copies of his band and his solo albums, and I've been listening to his solo album incessantly since we got home. It's beautiful, mesmerizing, and creative. Way to go, Jeff!
It was a lot of firsts for me, so I'll do another Top 10 list:
1 - First time at Carraba's (mmmm)
2 - First time in Savannah at night - more people at night than in the daytime by far!
3 - First time in a bar
4 - First time on "the list" at the door
5 - First drink in a bar (Diet Coke, thank you very much)
6 - First time seeing Jeff perform
7 - First time seeing Blood Wrestling (on tv - not as gross as it sounds, but I wouldn't want to try it)
8 -First time awake until 3am since I was in college (pre-mission)
9 - First time I had to wake up for the free breakfast at the hotel at 10, and then went back to sleep afterwards
10 - First time leaving Finn alone overnight (thank you Jonathan & Celeste!)
A pretty great weekend!
9 comments:
I love that last picture of you. What a babe!
I knew exactly who that guy was the minute I saw the picture. Crazy. I had no idea he was musical at all. Any links to his music anywhere? I'd be curious to hear a bit of it. I also agree with shoeless joel. ;)
I love your top ten list and that picture of you is amazing so pretty!
Carrabas is my most favorite restaurant ever!!! So glad you were able to experience it! How come you didn't make it down to St. Cloud for Thanksgiving? I thought it was no brainer?
I want to hear Jeff's music as well. (Secret: I thought he was cute when he babysat me when I was about 5 years old.) And what is blood wrestling?
Oh my gosh. How awesome! And good for Jeff-how exciting for him! Can't wait to hear some of his music, too. Wow, look at all of us, all growed up. Now if I could just decide what I want to be...
And yes, that is a great picture of you, so pretty!
Jeff! That is wild! Where is his family now? Didn't his dad teach us seminary for a while? I look it up and have a listen when I get a chance. Have you heard Lisa Donnelly yet? Look up her band called A.M. Pacific. Beautiful. (Just like you!)
posted a link to a review blog that featured Creech Holler and some of their songs in the body of the blog. Just put your cursor over the words "Creech Holler."
Emily, sorry we didn't make it down to St. Cloud. We didn't know I'd have Friday off until a few days before, and then we didn't have anyone to watch the dog.
Beth, blood wrestling looks like girls wrestling in a kiddie pool filled with raw ground beef. So, gross, but not as gross as it sounds.
Nora, Jeff's family is still in SLC area, and Jeff and his wife are in NC. I didn't know Lisa had a band, but if you send me a link, I'll check it out. She's always been so talented.
Thanks for the comments, guys!
Post a Comment