I can't believe we finally won! It was a really close game and I almost cried in the last few minutes of the second half. But, that three-point shot at the buzzer may be my favorite shot in history. As Adam said, "That's the kind of thing that happened to all the other teams we played - never to us!!"We watched it on our enormous television, and at the end, during the celebrations, we felt like we were practically there. I touched the trophy:
Joel rejoiced with the team:
We both climbed the ladder with this guy to cut our bit of net:
So, while we weren't at home in Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse like we wish we could have been, we're very glad to have participated at all. Life is good, ladies and gentlemen. Life is good.
7 comments:
You guys are such a blast!
I'm so happy for you guys! This couldn't have happened at a better time. You both look great, and now that I've seen your TV, I'm definitely coming to visit! Love ya!
Oh, during games I find myself clapping, and then I stop because I realize it sounds like my dad, and when he does it, I laugh because it's just so loud. That's our family.
Oh, what a feeling it must be!
And, hey, haven't I seen these pictures somewhere else? On some other famous blog? :)
Go Hawks! Glad you got to enjoy it your own way - like flicking the lights on and off. ;)
Haha!! Go Hawks! That TV really gets a good picture- it seriously looks like those guys were in your house! :)
You guys have way too much fun. I'm bummed that we didn't join you! Next year... :)
Post a Comment