24 March 2008

Game Night

When was the last time you gathered round the table for some good stuff. And by "good stuff" I'm not referring to Pizza Hut, but about a game of any sort at all. I think they're really fun, and a great way to make, keep, and potentially annoy good friends. We had a couple we would play games with almost every Sunday night in State College (Cory and Natalie - I nod in your general direction, because I don't know where specifically you are right now). We loved it! Their kids would go to bed, and we'd spend hours on the funnest / stupidest games ever.

Last night we played In a Pickle with Jonathan and Celeste and it was great! Playing games is something that I generally do with my family when we go home, with Joel's family when we go home, or with my family when I was growing up. So, a good old fashioned game really makes the memories start to flow. So, if you're feeling nostalgic, like making friends, or just slightly adventurous, try out this game. It's pretty cool ...

6 comments:

Zimm said...

I'm going to borrow my sister-in-law's Catchphrase. That game is a blast.

See you soon!

Unknown said...

what's up amelia? I'm still watching flights out to Orlando for Mem Day. That will be so fun! Should we play, us girls, when I'm out there?
luv ya

Tawny & Ryan said...

I played that very game last Monday! It's a fun one. However, when we played Cranium with Ryan's family on Saturday, things got a little heated. His sister left the table, his mom got upset, and his brother might have been a bit drunk. It was scary.

Amelia said...

Teh, I totally know what you mean about games getting ugly. My sister refuses to play games anymore just because when we were little I got a little into the SlapJack and might have slapped her hand a little hard ... or her face or something ... it's fuzzy. Boy, am I glad I'm not in that phase any more!

Jim and Lisa said...

Jim and I loved playing games with them, too. It was so much fun! This game seems like it would be fun to try.

Daniel and Emily Munns said...

So me and Daniel are total gamers... our all time favorite game is Sequence... you should run out of your house right now and buy it - I'm not kidding. :)