25 February 2010

Something Finn WON'T eat ...

I realized I don't talk too much about my little doggie, Finn. Since I've never had a dog before, it's been really interesting to learn what they're like. I'm sure every dog has its own quirks, but I think I'll always have a dog for the rest of my life ... I'd like that, anyway.

One of the interesting things about dogs in general (and mine in particular) is the things they will eat. You may have seen along the side things that I'm surprised that Finn eats. It's almost everything. He's not wild about bananas and tries really hard with celery, but it's too viscous for him to chew.

The other day I gave him a pretzel, and he just wouldn't. He kept trying to bite it into smaller and smaller pieces, but didn't actually swallow any of them. Then he got distracted and left a little pile of pretzel powder on the carpet for me to find a few hours later. *sigh*

I love having a dog.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Amelia you're cute and we miss you so much. I love having a dog too I'm in the process of trying to convince Matt we need maybe 1 more. The only thing we have found our puppy won't eat is apples. I think they are to sour.

Beth said...

My friend's dog will not eat any people food! It is a boxer/pit bull maybe mix, and he is HUGE, but he won't even eat bbq meat or anything.

She said once she thought she was feeding him too much, so she cut back on the dog food, made herself a snack of expensive brie cheese and crackers, turned around, and he ate it all. That's the only human food he's ever eaten. She went back to giving him more food.

Amelia said...

That's so funny! Finn is so NOT that dog! :) I get a kick at how different they can be from dog to dog ... :)

Nishant said...

. I think they are to sour.
data entry work from home