16 October 2007

March of Dimes



Well, it's been a great week. Saturday I walked for March of Dimes with Sea Island. If you'd still like to donate, they're accepting donations until November 1st for our walk. You can click on the title of this post to get to the Walk America March of Dimes website, and donate as you please.


It was a pretty short walk, actually, and I think I'll try to do the 5K next year. We discovered that this walk is just one aspect of the Brunswick Stewbilee. It involves a 5K, Pooch Parade, and March of Dimes walk in the morning, then a cook-off of Brunswick Stew, craft booths, and a concert (2006: Blues Traveller, 2007: The Neville Brothers). We didn't really know about the other stuff this year, but I think we'd like to check it out in full next year. I do like my Brunswick Stew.


By the way, here's a couple pictures of me before and after the race. See if you can tell which is which ... it wasn't that strenuous (I think less than 3 miles) - I didn't even break a sweat thanks to the breeze of the ocean! Sometimes I really love living right on the coast!




2 comments:

Celeste said...

You go girl! I wish I could've gone with - next year let's definitely do the 5K :)

Amelia said...

You're on!